Especially in the workplace. To perform at their best, employees need to know that their hard work is noticed and appreciated.
Managers might not be around to witness each and every employee achievement. Often fellow employees are the ones who experience their peers’ contributions first-hand. They might notice a situation when a co-worker stepped in to help at the last minute, or they might know an employee who takes on extra tasks frequently without complaint.
A structured Social Recognition Programme can help your company foster a sense of community and teamwork. The programme enables employees to publicly recognise each other for a job well done. This can make a big impact on company culture over time. It can also be a much more effective system in today’s global environment, where managers or other supervisors may not even be in the same location as their employees.
Top 5 indicators of Millennial employee engagement:
- I feel I am valued in this organisation.
- I have confidence in the leadership of this organisation.
- I like the type of work that I do.
- Most days, I feel I have made progress at work.
- This organisation treats me like a person, not a number.